Faculty of Life Sciences (University)
Job- and career prospects Psychology with focus on Forensic Psychology (Master of Science)
What are the professional perspectives after you graduate with a Master degree in Psychology with focus on Forensic Psychology (M.Sc.) at MSH Medical School Hamburg?
Further to the actual job qualification, the Master degree Psychology with focus on Forensic Psychology qualifies our students to undergo further development to become a technical psychologist for forensic psychology. Here, the newly gained skills from their studies can be accredited for their further training part. Based on the current regulation on further education for technical psychologists for forensic psychology BDP/DGPs, up to 50% of study content can be accredited in the theoretical part of the subsequent training.
Professional fields of work for graduates
From recent demographic trends, we anticipate an increased demand on qualified staff in the following areas of work:
- In institutions for prison inmates
- In juvenile legal support agencies
- In forensic offices and institutes
- In administration of justice institutions, e.g. judicial authorities
- In outreach clinics for victims of criminal acts
- In police services
- At academic institutes
- In clinics with forensic departments
- In criminological research institutions